HAAD (HEALTH AUTHORITY OF ABU- DHABI)
- Doctors in Abu Dhabi must obtain specific licenses from HAAD depending on whether they are interns, general practitioners, specialists, consultants or resident doctors.
- Dentists must obtain specific licenses from HAAD depending on whether they are interns, general dentists, specialists, consultants or resident dentists.
- Nurses too must obtain their license from HAAD depending on whether they are applying to be a registered nurse, registered midwife, nurse practitioner, mental health nurse, paediatric nurse, community nurse or assistant nurse.
- Pharmacists need to take a different exam on the basis of their specialisation's, although specialisation's in pharmacy are limited the HAAD classify pharmacists into clinical pharmacists, community pharmacists and pharmacy technician.
- Dietitians, also are required to obtain a license, this website provides a specially created dietitian course for potential licensees.
- Other professions which are required to take the exam include:
- Alternative medical practitioners such as TCM and Unani medicine
- Chiropractic medicine
- Naturopathic medicine
- Osteopathic medicine
What is the HAAD Exam?
In the United Arab Emirates (UAE), if an individual wants to practice within a profession, they will need to obtain a professional license. Healthcare professionals in Abu Dhabi must obtain their license through the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi (HAAD) and therefore, must take the HAAD Exam.
The first step in this process involves paying a fee, going on a training course and then finally sitting exams for Ministry approval. There are different specialities of exams depending on the student's profession:
All health-care professionals including doctors, technicians, dentists, pharmacists and traditional practitioners; especially outside the UAE can now apply online for a medical license to work in the UAE. Each type of professional can apply for the fully online Examination & Evaluation System (EES), in their own country, thus reducing costs and time, all fees can even be paid electronically.